I believe for Republicans to win in Minnesota in 2018 we have to tackle the tough issues facing this state head-on and we have to work HARD by showing up anytime/anywhere to make our case to Minnesotans.
I’m proud that Donna Bergstrom and I have been running that type of race for many months now. We’ve been EVERYWHERE and have been unafraid to lay out a bold vision. We’ve taken some arrows, but have also given voice to our principles and won over Republicans and Independents (and even a few Democrats) all over this state.
Along the way I’ve been out front on many issues, including:
- Refugee resettlement (see HERE)
- Opposing big corporate subsidies (see HERE)
- Pledging to not sign any new gun control as governor (see HERE)
- The long-simmering issue of Lake Mille Lacs (with a BIG Town Hall just last week) (see HERE)
- Releasing my detailed ActionPlan/MN for the first 50 days of my administration (see HERE)
Now more than ever, people want their elected leaders to stand up and tell them what they think (and why). They are sick of the old political games, the dodging, the talking points and answering the question you pretended to hear instead of the one asked.
The first step is showing up and the second step is being genuine and honest on the issues.